Keeping You Safe
Travel to Vermont: Covid Regulations
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of 11/10/2020: All visitors from out of state must quarantine before entering Vermont
Guests staying in any lodging establishment in Vermont are required to sign a Certificate of Compliance. Blank Certificates are provided upon check-in.
We regret that we cannot accept travelers wishing to quarantine with us (either because they have travelled using public transportation, or because they have not quarantined in their home state).
Masks are now required throughout the State of Vermont in all public places. In the Village of Woodstock, they are also required outdoors, except when exercizing or biking.
Your Safe Stay With us
The Woodstocker B&B
The Woodstocker has a total of 9 rooms which means no more than 18 to 20 guests will be staying with us at any given time spread over 6,000 square feet (not including outdoor space and gardens). While we are in the Village of Woodstock we are also bordering the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park.
It is worthwhile to point out that our Morgan Horse suite has its own private entrance, that our guest rooms are for the most part at a distance from each and that we have several common areas (and the garden during spring and summer) allowing our guests to comfortably spread around the B&B as they see fit.
Our ductless A/C units are stand-alone split units that do not require the sharing of ductwork as found in a central cooling system, thus eliminating the risk of pollutants circulating throughout the system.
Finally, we are only a few minutes away walking time from trail-heads where you (and friends and family, should you decide to book the entire B&B) can enjoy the reinvigorating clean Vermont fresh air.
What did recent guests say?
“It was a very relaxing stay and extremely convenient. The staff were totally committed to following all COVID-19 protocols. And we felt extremely cared for.”
“COVID’s challenges were managed perfectly – the inn keepers staggered guest breakfast times and although they kept social distancing in mind they also managed to be attentive and delightful people.”
As part of our “Keeping you Safe” efforts and in accordance with hospitality best practices, we implemented the following procedures:
- Check in:
- To keep everyone safe, we are now asking all guests to use our existing self check-in process with some enhanced procedures. Details are communicated via pre-arrival emails.
- Upon check-in we request that you please use hand sanitizer.
- Upon checking in, you will be asked to fill in the State of Vermont Certificate of Compliance which details the current travel guidelines.
- Masks are now mandatory in all public places in Vermont – this includes the common areas of the B&B. Please note that masks are mandatory in the Village of Woodstock.
- Housekeeping: For stays 3 days and shorter, there will be no in-room housekeeping service during your stay (although fresh towels will be provided and waste baskets emptied upon request). For stays 4 days or longer, housekeeping will be provided in your absence every few days.
- Our breakfast service will follow the Vermont restaurant rules applicable at the time of your stay. While our full menu will remain available, the manner with which breakfast will be served will be adapted accordingly (in-room, outdoor, dining room with distancing, etc.) and will be communicated to you along with your self check-in instructions.
Our Staff and Us
As an officially registered bed and breakfast, the Health Department of the state of Vermont requires us to maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness as reflected in our annual Lodging and Restaurant Licenses issued to us by the State Board of Health.
In addition, both of us are certified by ServSafe, the restaurant industry’s leading food safety program accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Conference for Food Protection (CFP).
Our experienced full-time housekeeper, Crystal, who has been with us for two years, ensures that all common areas and each room are kept clean, sanitized and welcoming for all guests to safely enjoy. She also trains and closely oversees any additional temporary staff we may need. For the health and safety of our staff, upon checking out, we ask that you please open a screened window or sliding door.
Finally, we all completed the enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and we and our staff are monitoring our temperature daily, using gloves, and wearing a face mask as required.
Hygiene and Cleanliness
In addition to our existing stringent cleanliness standards (as reflected in sample guest testimonials we included on this page) we offer and have implemented procedures to further protect our guests and keep them safe:
- Once cleaned to the standards that have garnered us praise from guests, our rooms will be disinfected to the latest Covid-19 standards. We have state of the art air purifiers that we use as required.
- Common areas are cleaned and doorknobs, light switches, handrails etc. disinfected several times a day.
- Hand sanitizers are made available throughout the B&B.
Isabelle & Karim
Your Hosts and Owners/Innkeepers
Super warm and friendly owners and with great food, beutiful rooms and the perfect location to downtown, hiking, etc. We have stayed here multiple times in different rooms which are all beautiful. Really did an outstanding job during the pandemic.
Room tip: Morgan Horse suite is the best